Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Best of Jerry Maguire

In my opinion, scenes in Jerry Maguire that were a treat to watch include:
i. Man with the coat's punch-lines. His quotes and his appearence sometimes remind me of IMG founder 'Mark McCormack'. I am sure most of the people who had read 'what they dont teach you at Harvard' will agree to this.(I guess he could be professor or maybe Tom Cruise's mentor)
ii. The cute kid of Renee Zellweger in conversation with drunk Tom Cruise.
iii. When Tom Cruise proposes to Renee, she tries to hide her happiness with her black shades.
iv. The last scene of the movie when Tom Cruise visits Renee s home to apologise to her.
v. The sequence when all the family and friends are watching the marriage video and find Tom Cruise sad. Now, Cuba Gooding Jr pitches in and tries to divert the attention to something else.
vi. Cuba's in-studio interview, where he promised he wont cry.

Guess that's it. The bad or not-so-good scenes include:
i. Tom Cruise leaving the office with the gold-fish when he is chucked out.
ii. Tom Cruise's animated hand-movement when he tells Cuba Gooding Jr. what the coaches and club-managers think about Cuba's ability.

I didnt find the 'show me the money' sequence all-that-good.

Steve -> sorry if I had disappointed you with the last comment.