Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Elvis rocks

Listening to "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis Presley is fantastic.
The initial polite drum rhythm for the first 8 seconds of Elvis's song reminds me of the starting beats in 'piyu bhole' song from the movie 'parineeta'.
Guess, Shantanu Moitra replaced the drum beats with piano tune. Of course, inspired stuff I guess ;-)
Though the transformation from pallavi to anupallavi is kind of rotten with some carol kind of harmony. Though the voices were brilliant i.e Sonu Nigam and in particular Shreya Ghoshal with her silly smiles inserted all through the song.

Feels blessed to hear such songs.

words & music by george weiss - hugo peretti - luigi creatore

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I cant help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I cant help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I cant help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I cant help falling in love with you
For I cant help falling in love with you

1 comment:

Anupama said...

Everytime I hear this song it just takes me to a different place although I have heard the UB40 version much more often than Elvis's...nice comments on 'Piyu Bole' :D...the mention of the words pallavi and anupallavi lends a lot of weight to your post...nice one. And thanks a lot for leaving a comment on my latest post :)