Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Eyes wide shut

Through Jayakanthan's blog http://shakuni.blogspot.com, I came to know about a few exhaustive links/articles about 'Stanley Kubrick'.
Stanley Kubrick's ideas are out of the box. I had seen only one Kubrick directed movie "Eyes Wide Shut" as of now. Did not really enjoy watching "Eyes Wide Shut" .

But really enjoyed a few sequences in that movie, including one scene when Tom Cruise kindof gets himself stuck very badly in the shady world of some cult and wants to get out of it for good. I think Kubrick via Cruise is telling that "cult-following or doing things out of the box is not for you, and go ahead and continue your regular boring day-to-day work in your office". Adventure particularly of this kind sounds cool, but wont suit you or me! He could be telling you and me to "Enjoy the movie and get alongwith your life and forget about the 'fascinating' world of cults/adventures"

No comments: