Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sense and sensibility

"Sense and sensibility" is a good movie. Really liked the way Emma Thomson has acted in that movie.
Small trivia about Emma,
Source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000668/bio

"She was initially cast as the lead in Basic Instinct (1992), but refused later on. About Sharon Stone's appearance she said: “As far as I can see, from Sharon Stone's love scene in "Basic Instinct", they molded her body out of tough Plasticine. She was shagging Michael Douglas like a donkey, and not an inch moved. If that had been me, there would have been things flying around hitting me in the eye.”"

I saw the movie "kandukondein kandukondein" before seeing this movie "sense and sensibility". Thought "kandu... " was a good movie. Infact all the while, while watching this movie I kept comparing the actors of "Kandu.. " and "Sense and...".
Sometimes, I like those old-hindi remix songs that get played in channels. Agreed, the videos are bad most of the times. But the actual remix of the song seems to be good. I think R and B and our old songs kind of jell really well. My old hindi songs knowledge/awareness is bad. So, I get to listen to remix first and soon when I happen to listen to the original, I have a problem in appreciating the original. Maybe it is because the remix was the one I heard first.


I saw "Love actually" movie , in which almost "who is who" of Brit film industry appear. And only via "Love actually" did I get to know Emma Thomson and Robert Hardy.
And in "Love actually" they play more of a middle-aged role so, at times found it difficult to see them as relatively young folks in "Sense...", though Robert plays only a middle-aged man in "Sense..." but he looks lot older than that.

No comments: