Sunday, May 14, 2006

S J Surya - My GOD



Lately heard this song titled 'eno kangal un mugame ketkirathe...". That song really made up good listening, I was not sure regarding the name of the movie, but instantly liked that song thanks to yuvan and sadhana sargham. Yuvan's music was stylish in this song, with a generous mix of rap and reggae. And then, got to know via a friend Raman of The Raman Empire about S J Surya acting well in the video for this song. That was something I could not digest. Imagine, S J Surya has been my god for a while and I did not know that this song is from SJ Surya's movie. I saw his interview in Doordarshan on Jan 1 2006(New Year special programme). As most people reading this post know that it is not often that DD(read Podhigai) shows good programme for its viewers. During the interview I was too pulled into SJ Surya's quotes and actions.

SJ Surya said, all his movies have message(no not massage). And said Kushi had one important message for young people, "NO EGO". Damn, I remember seeing Kushi, but really missed out this important life-safing message. At that moment, I promised to see all SJ Surya movies one after the another, but somehow that promise is still not implemented :-) !

But it s not often that I miss out SJ Surya spoofs. One has to see 'Lollu Sabha' in Vijay TV. These guys(Santhanam used to be in this programme before he saw greener pastures), have super sense of humour and they go to any limits of abusing the originals to enthuse their audience. I am a huge fan of spoofs from the factories of Adam Sandler, Jim Carey, Leslie Nielson(the KING), Mike Myers, Lollu Sabha team, SunTV top 10 team and Venniradai Murthy's "Meendum Meendum Sirippu". And I got to saw "anbe aaruyire"'s spoof in Lollu and I could hardly blink my eyes all through the show. And I made another resolution on that day, i.e not to miss any more SJ Surya originals, cause that will rob the fun I can have while watching the spoofs!

Nevertheless, now coming back to where we started. I really have to thank Mohan Kumar's for allowing me the privilege of downloading the video song of "eno kangal...". If not for Mohan Kumar's imagine what might have happened to the Tamil movie industry! The video had SJ Surya coming up with incredible foot-steps, super duper make up and really fantastic facial expressions. And of course his hand movement were quite awesome, one has to see it to enjoy it.

I think this song will be placed in the all-time best moments of Tamil movie industry alongwith Vijaykanth's incredible typing ability over Windows Media player in Ramana. Poor guy Bill Gates fainted while seeing that. Enga captain yaarunnu nenaichenga? And of course, the incredible close ups in Narasimha which revealed to us super-contacts that are available in the market and finally those incredible dialogues like 'WE WILL MEET, WILL MEET, MEET' in Vallarasu.

Captain beware, SJ Surya is going to break all the records you created!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

got really scared after reading the title...

sanity prevailed in the end :)

- Ananth

sanchapanzo said...

Ananth,

:-D

Unknown said...

Sj surya va kalaikiringala?