Saturday, July 01, 2006

FIFA Cup

Nothing really goes as per my plan.
Yesterday, Germany pulled off a miracle by beating Argentina!
I was expecting Argentina to pull-off a 3-1 win, going by their agressive-game. But sadly, after goal one, Argentines went on the defensive(a needless move, instead of going for the sucker punch) and that cost the match.
The match was overall boring otherwise(except for these two goals and the Argentine offensives from nowhere). Quite brave of the commentators to make the prediction earlier in the match that 'if the match goes for penalty kicks, then Germany will win thanks to their home-advantage' and it became true!

Next match, I was hoping Italy will win 1-0 going by their defensive-game plan. But alas, Italy did attack after goal one!

My predictions for today's match:
France vs Brazil:
Though I think Brazil is strong on paper than anyone, France will pull-off a win this time.
Scoreline:2-1 for France

England Vs Portugal:
I think England will win this match 1-0.