Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mediocrity

It's been the story of my life.
I get to know about a skill "A".
I try to learn skill "A" for a while.
And I am simply amazed with my ability to pick up that skill in no time.
I feel extremely comfortable with skill "A" and pursue with it for a while and suddenly I find there are folks who are much better than me in that skill "A".
There comes the frustration cause I cant beat those folks in skill "A", cause I have hit upon a plateau myself and I resign I cant improve my skills in "A" and I say quits.

Soon, I see a new skill "B" and the cycle goes on....

Somehow, it s been always quite easy for me to score 5 or 6 out of 10 in 5 different skills, but never achieved the 10 out of 10 in any one skill. Really wonder how I thrive in mediocrity rather than ever bothered to specialize in one area.

No comments: